Catechol - 60 veggiecaps
Our ancestors certainly had stressful lives; however, their stressors tended to be high impact and short duration. Modern life appears to produce stressors of an opposite type: low impact, but long duration. The modern type of stressor seems to have more widespread effects on our health, often disrupting our ability to sleep restfully, digest our meals properly, and maintain a healthy immune system. When the stressors build up, the signs of occasional stress will appear. Occasional stress is a body's method of reacting to a challenge and the body’s reaction to any stimuli that disturbs its equilibrium. The body's typical way to respond to this occasional stress is via the 'fight-or-flight response.'
Research indicates that individuals of different ABO blood types can have extremely different responses to occasional stress. Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo's groundbreaking Catechol supplement was designed to personalize nutritional stress support, and can help to restore a natural state of calm in individuals with blood types O and AB.
Catechol has a unique 'three-layer design':
- A base of B-vitamins (including methylcobalamin, the active form of vitamin B12) and the mineral selenium
- A second layer of amino acids, including tyrosine, methionine and trimethylglycine; all known to be critical nutritional factors that can be depleted due to occasional stress or poor diet.
- Finally, at the third level, a blend of two well-researched botanicals that have been studied for their effects on occasional stress: Magnolia and Rhodiola
Occasional stress just seems to come with modern life. The best strategy is to work on fundamentals:
- Resolve issues that result in the production of a stressful environment and work on ways to better communicate the nature of the stress to others
- Practice proper sleep hygiene
- Eat right for your type
For those simple problems that result from occasional stress, Catechol can be a very helpful addition to your supplement protocol.